Open position: Dataops Engineer (F/M)
Experience : Up to 2 years
Location : Vilhonneur (16)
Contract : Permanent contract
Elicit Plant is an Agri-biotech company developing and marketing BioSolutions for agriculture worldwide. Its product range targets the main economically important field crops and is based on a technological innovation: phytosterols. The latter are naturally presents in plants and act as signal molecules that enable plants to adapt to environmental stresses. The different combinations and formulations are stress/crop specific. The exogenous application of the product enables the crop to trigger acclimatization responses in anticipation of the stress in question.
As part of the product development process, from chemical R&D in the laboratory to product marketing, numerous biological and agronomic trials are carried out in controlled or semi-controlled environments and directly in the field. The Data department you will be joining is responsible for collecting, centralising, and analysing data relating to these trials to meet the company’s internal and external needs (R&D, intellectual property, regulatory affairs, sales, marketing, strategy, etc.). The nature of the trials varies the objectives are many and the data sources numerous. In this context, several data recovery, processing and analysis pipelines have been developed.
In addition, to support the management of a flow of data that has been growing steadily over the last few years, an infrastructure is being built to facilitate data collection, storage, and analysis, while guaranteeing centralisation, security, and standardisation.
In your role, working closely with the two Data Scientists and the Biostatistician, you will be responsible for:
- contributing to the technical choices relating to the development of the data management and analysis infrastructure and co-piloting its implementation
- gathering requirements from the various departments to ensure the consistency of deliverables and make the most of the work carried out upstream by team members.
- optimising code and automating data pipelines to speed up the process of creating value from data and deliver analyses quickly and efficiently.
- streamline data processing, testing, preparing, deploying, and monitoring through orchestration.
- ensure the standardisation and quality of data from different sources to reduce the time spent downstream transforming and cleaning data.
- You have a degree in computer science with a specialisation in data analysis and/or engineering and at least two years’ experience in a similar position.
- You have a good command of Python and R and are comfortable with SQL and Docker. You will be working in a Microsoft technology environment (Office 365, Azure, PowerBI, etc.).
- You have strong cross-functional communication skills and openness to connect and interact with different disciplines. You can establish trust-based relationships.
- You are rigorous, autonomous, curious, and eager to learn.
- You display a data-driven attitude, have digital and agile mindset, combined with an understanding about farmers’ needs.
- Knowledge of agronomy would be an advantage.
- You have a good level of English enabling you to work with international colleagues/partners.
What we offer
- A friendly, collaborative working environment.
- The opportunity to develop your versatility daily thanks to a wide range of assignments.
- Open-ended contract from January 2024
- Salary from €40K
- Up to 2 teleworking days / week
- 25 days paid vacation and 12 additional days